For the "Aitr Incontra" cycle, a webinar dedicated to responsible and accessible tourism will be held on 23 February 2021 at 5.30 pm. An appointment that will explore this way of doing and conceiving tourism through the point of view, experiences and stories of some protagonists of the sector.
Why responsible and accessible tourism?
Responsible tourism is based on principles of social justice. Precisely for this reason it cannot ignore the concept of accessibility, understood as a right, as the freedom to be able to know, explore, have equal access and opportunities.
"Accessible and responsible tourism is - as Planet Travel Accessible states -, a way of conceiving travel as a set of structures, services and activity programs that guarantee the traveler, with disabilities or special needs, enrichment cultural, experiential and emotional of the travel experience, respecting the times and needs of the traveler himself ".
Appointment on 23 February 2021 at 5.30 pm on Zoom
Photo by Anton Sharov, Unsplash
The webinar will be ntroduced by Maurizio Davolio, AITR - Associazione Italiana Turismo Responsabile
Speakers will include:
- Leris Fantini e Paola De Donato, CERPA Italia Onlus - the slow path towards inclusive tourism
- Anna Corradini, Planet viaggi accessibili - creating travel itineraries in Italy and abroad by combining the philosophy of accessible tourism with that of responsible tourism
- Lorenzo Franchi e Sara Frattale, Sassi Turchini - an accessible and community residence on the Island of Elba, design and management solutions.
- Francesca Manzoni EDUCAID - International cooperation and tourism: planning a trip to Palestine with disability as mainstream
- Simona Zedda, Festival IT.A.CA migranti e viaggiatori - the co-design of IT.A.CA: inclusive online paths.